5 Tips to Help You Stay the Course
As a Business Intermediary, I’m here to be a resource for you. I think it’s important for everyone’s mental and emotional health that we don’t overconsume information. However, I was moved to share some quick tips to keep in mind for your business, in the hopes that it will help you or someone you know as we try to adjust to this new normal…
- Don’t act out the ostrich syndrome and bury your head in the sand (I do understand that can be easier said than done sometimes!)—now is the time to take action in and for your business. Just make sure you are taking the right action.
- Get your financials in order and organize your books! Have your debt schedule ready (if you need a template for a debt schedule, click here), as well as 3 years of financials on standby in the case tip #3 become applicable to you.
- If you think you are going to need a loan, talk to you Banker/Lender as soon as possible. Ask them what programs are available for you. (**Have your financials in order BEFORE you need to apply! Remember, there is more than likely going to be a lot of people applying. If you have everything organized when you approach the lender for application, the chances are you will have a stronger chance of moving to the top of the pile.)
- Look for the opportunity, and pivot where you can in your business.
- Stay the course. Continue to “mind your business today,” and try to focus on the positives!